A favorite food of mine and is probably a favorite of all those who had one in their lives.
A bit difficult to cook because of the frying. You’ll make a lot of mess afterwards but it’s worth it!
Prep and Cook time: 1 hour and 30 mins.
Serving size: 1-2 persons
2 strips of pork belly (it’s better if you can find chunkier versions, but this will do)
salt and pepper
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
cooking oil (no need to deep fry)
1. Heat a boiling pan with just enough water to soak the pork belly.
2. Put-in the pork belly then add 1 tbsp of salt, pepper, and bay leaves and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Remove the meat from the pot and dry it with paper towel. Now, some freeze the meat for an hour or so, and some let the meat sit in the oven for a while to dry it. But, with my version, I just towel-dried it.
4. Season with more salt.
5. Heat a pan with oil, should cover at least half of the thickness of the meat.
6. When the oil is hot, put it in medium heat and fry each side for about 5-8 minutes or until golden and crispy.
7. Serve with hot rice, tomatoes and salted duck egg!